How is page_log archived/rotated?

Franz Pfoertsch franz.pfoertsch at brose.net
Fri Apr 27 01:29:37 PDT 2007

Patrick Young wrote:

> I just installed phpPrintAnalyzer v1.2 to give me some basic stats on our
> CUPS v1.2.10 printing system. My page_log files are working fine and live
> at /var/log/cups. But I would like the page_log to stop archiving/rotating
> into /var/log/cups/page_log.1, for example. Does CUPS do the rotation or
> my Linux server? I can't find any cron settings that mention CUPS logs.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Patrick
Hello Patrick,

I am doing something similar, but I use the perl script printanalyzer.pl

1) is set MaxLogSize 0 in the cupsd.conf <<<<< This disable logrotate ...

2) I created a cups file at the logrotate.d on my linux server

cat /etc/logrotate.d/cups
/var/log/cups/access_log {
    daily
    rotate 7
    compress
    missingok
    postrotate
                  /usr/bin/killall -HUP cupsd
    endscript
}

/var/log/cups/error_log {
    weekly
    rotate 4
    compress
    missingok
    postrotate
                  /usr/bin/killall -HUP cupsd
    endscript
}

/var/log/cups/page_log {
    monthly
    rotate 12
    compress
    missingok
    postrotate
                  /usr/bin/killall -HUP cupsd
    endscript
}
3) I create a cronjob for printanalyzer.pl

regards
Franz