openoffice.org

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Apr 27 09:05:19 PDT 2007

In case there is interest: I wrote two CUPS filters
treating OOo stuff:

(1) oopstops
	a filter to sanitize the PostScript output
	generated by OpenOffice.org (tested with
	2.2, 2.1, and 2.2, but should work for 1.1.x
	also
(2) officetops
	a filter that directly converts OOo writer documents
	(and, as far as handled correctly by OOo, Microsoft
	Word documents) to PostScript. The output needs to
	be routed through oopstops.
	This filter needs a special setup:
	- the environment variable SAL_DISABLE_CUPS set to some
	  nonempty value (e.g. 1),
	- a "default printer" (configured with spadmin) that uses
	  some "generic" PPD (e.g. the distiller 3 PPD that belongs
	  to the distro) and the print command set to "/usr/bin/cat"
	  to match CUPS's filter requirements.
	The filter is in essence a wrapper script (Perl) that calls
	soffice (the default startup script sinde OOo 2.x). It searches
	for a local X server and starts Xvfb if it can't find one, since
	OOo needs a X server to function.

If there is sufficient interest, I'll publish the scripts and an english
documentation on the web.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke