[cups.general] lpstat -a oddity

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Fri Apr 27 11:33:25 PDT 2007

CentOS 4.4, x86_64, cups 1.1.22 (cannot be changed at present).

I have three cups servers, server1, server2 and server3 (say) with
identical print queue defintions (I created the printers on server1 via
the web interface and scp'd the printers.conf file to the other two
servers). Everything works. On any cups client other than the three
servers, "lpstat -a" shows the printer list as the proper implicit
classes:

 	printer1 accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
 	...and so on...

On server1, however, I see one entry per cups server:

 	printer1 accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
 	printer1 at server2 accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
 	printer1 at server3 accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
 	...and so on...

and similarly on server2 and server3. I have HideImplicitMembers=on. Why
is this happening, or what have I misunderstood? TIA,

Steve