[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2320: /dev/usb/lp0

Igor Bujna igor.bujna at post.cz
Mon Apr 2 05:43:23 PDT 2007

[STR New]

Good morning,
now i tried instaled newer version of cups 1.2.9 on my Trustix 3.0 box.
Problem is in printer connected via usb port how is write  in CHANGES.txt
for version 1.2.2:
    - The USB backend now reports a "no such device" error
      when using the old filename-based USB URIs instead of
      the "success" error.

I think it's no good idea because every documentation where is installing
usb printer in cups is this "DeviceURI usb:/dev/usb/lp0".
For me is problem if i have raw printing to usbprinter and everytime if i
change printer model on usb i'll must put this new printer to cups but i
won't this.
I make this patch to downgrade this problem from older version....

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2320
Version:  -feature