New printer filter for inclusion into CUPS

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Apr 4 20:21:04 PDT 2007

Bill Marr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I have completed a new printer filter for my employer which supports our line of thermal-transfer labelling printers. I wanted to know how I can submit the filter/ppd's (or rather, the *.tar.gz package created during the 'make distcheck' step) to the CUPS project for inclusion into the CUPS software. Please let me know who I should contact, and any documents explaining the process.

First, you'll need to make sure your code conforms to our coding
standards.

Second, you'll need to do one of the following:

     1. Assign the copyright for the code and PPDs to Easy Software
        Products.
     2. Provide us with a license to use, modify, and distribute the
        code freely.
     3. Provide the code under BSD/MIT style license.

Finally, you can submit the driver files using the bug report page
at:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php