Preview Print Jobs (get job from server?)

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Apr 12 11:16:47 PDT 2007

Ken Tanzer wrote:
>> Turn on debug logging and then look at the error_log file.
>
> Here it is.  No obvious problem here.  Is there anything specific a
> CGI program has to do, other than produce some output and exit?

Nope, it should "just work"...  Will do some testing here to
see what's up...

>> Complain to the FHS folks.  /usr/share/doc/<software> is the
>> standard location for software documentation files.
>
> The "help" directory is clearly documentation.  The "Images"
> directory and any CGI programs seem much more like program and data
> then documentation.  It's a little confusing, but since I hardly ever
> have to worry about it, it's fine  with me! :)

Right - all of the (static) HTML content and associated images are
in /usr/share/cups/doc, while the CGI programs (the ones that CUPS
runs in response to special URLs) are in /usr/lib/cups/cgi-bin.

User-supplied scripts/programs are a special case; there is no reason
you couldn't create a "cgi-bin" symlink to another, more appropriate
directory, but since CUPS doesn't install any scripts or programs in
/usr/share/doc/cups we don't do that ourselves...