[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2360: Printing of banner before Raw job, prevents job from printing (maybe same as: STR #2355)

aukjan van belkum aukjan at vanbelkum.nl
Thu Apr 26 05:36:43 PDT 2007

[STR New]

Probably this is the same behavior as mentioned in STR #2355. But it
appears to me in 1.2.10.

When sending a raw job to a queue using either 'lp -oraw' or from a
different CUPS server (which gets its job from windows in raw format), the
job is printed correctly (without a banner). When I add a banner to the
print queue, only the banner is printed, but the job disappears. It seems
that the job is not being written to the STDIN of the backend.

'Normal' jobs are printed correctly with or without banner.

To show what is going on, I have attached an errorlog with the printing of
the same job. Once with the option -oraw and one without the option -oraw

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2360
Version: 1.2.10