[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2361: redirected http pages always goes to port 631

Bjoern Jacke bjoern at j3e.de
Fri Apr 27 04:09:40 PDT 2007

[STR New]

I'm accessing a remote cupsd via a local port forwarding so that the remote
cupsd which is running on localhost:631 there is available via
localhost:11111 on my machine. When I go to a cups http site that contains
a http redirect, the redirect will be done to localhost:631 instead of
localhost:11111 even though the manual link that is given in the "Printer
EastmanK has been stopped." goes to port 11111. The redirect code on the
http site is:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"
CONTENT="5;URL=/admin/?OP=redirect&URL=/printers/EastmanK">

One might assume that the redirect on the same host also uses the same
port as the site containing the redirect URL used but all the browsers I
tested (Firefox, Opera, Konqueror) do redirect to port 631 instead.
Actually I don't see where the browsers gets the 631 port information from
at all.

I'll attach the http request header of the "stop printer" action and the
html page containing the redirect.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2361
Version: 1.2.8