Sco openserver 6 + CUPS + LP

Stefan stefan.nightingale at kaby.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 04:08:25 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have just installed Sco Openserver 6 and have configured 3 printers via the CUPS web interface. These printers are located on remote windows machines and i can print test pages to them from the CUPS web interface. I can also install then via the network neighbourhood to another windows box and print. I can't however print to the from the unix shell.

I need to be able to do an    lp -d printer1 /etc/filename

Any ideas on if this is possible would be great, as i have no way of printing from the unix box to the printers.

Thanks in advance