[cups.general] All printers in Cups print a single line blob

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 6 09:03:03 PDT 2007

My Deskjet 500 printer under Cups was formerly working using lpr/lp
but after adding the HPLIP and CUPS-pdf printers trying to get better
font quality, now all the printers repeatedly overprint the same line.

The printers listed under the Printers gui page are:
HP DeskJet 500 Foomatic/pcl3 (recommended)
HP DesignJet 500 Foomatic/chp2200 (recommended)
HP DeskJet 500 Foomatic/hpijs

I'd appreciate some ideas to troubleshoot these.
I already cancelled all jobs and recycled the Deskjet power.

Larry
--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux