[cups.general] Specify the ppd-file in printers.conf

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Aug 8 02:45:02 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Aug 8 10:24 Daniel Spannbauer wrote (shortened):
> I don't use the admin-Interface, we are using make-Files to administrate
> the printers in our facility.

Do I understand it right that you use whatever tool to copy files
into CUPS's config directory and write into CUPS's config files?

Of course when you know exactly what you do, it can work
(in particular to be safe you should stop the cupsd before
each change in its queue config).

I would recommend
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell#Command-line_Tools
which works even during runtime of the cupsd to change queues.

By the way:
Perhaps it works to use links in /etc/cups/ppd/ but I never
tested it because it is not in compliance how e.g. "lpadmin"
sets up a queue.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex