[cups.general] Specify the ppd-file in printers.conf

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Wed Aug 8 03:37:12 PDT 2007

Johannes Meixner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Aug 8 10:24 Daniel Spannbauer wrote (shortened):
>
>> I don't use the admin-Interface, we are using make-Files to administrate
>> the printers in our facility.
>>

> Do I understand it right that you use whatever tool to copy files
> into CUPS's config directory and write into CUPS's config files?

Yes, you understood right. We have the old lprng at the moment. Her the
printcap and the filters are build from one sourcefile , copied to the
right directory and are distributed to all machines by a single
Makefile. If there is a new printer I only do changes at the sourcefile
and run the makefile. Then the printer is installed on all machines.

And this procure should be also done with Cups. To make this easier it
would be nice if I only have to copy one ppd-file only one time to the
sources-tree so it can distributed to the other machines and 5 or 10
printer can use the same ppd-file.

Regards
Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Systembetreuung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11
http://www.marco.de/                      Email ds at marco.de
Geschäftsführer Martin Reuter             HRB 68255 Amtsgericht München