Cups installed, but printing through lpd possible?

Martin Schmiedel martin at schmiedelback.de
Thu Aug 9 11:50:19 PDT 2007

In "Configure - KDE Control Module" I can select the "Print System currently used". Does this mean i can print using lpd instead of cups?

If so, will lpd read the conf in etc/lpdfilter?

This would easily solve the problem described in the thread "How set cpi &  lpi " Message number 13604, 13621, 13699,.
I then would switch to lpd for this given printer, use the lpdfilter
that works on my server under suse8.0 and lpd.
The conf -file contains the needed HP-Escapes to tell the printer
how to print.

To easy to be true?

Martin