CUPS and Vista

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Aug 13 08:24:45 PDT 2007

Helge Blischke wrote:
> Does anyone know if/when an analogon to the CUPS6
> driver stuff for XP/2000/2003 will be available for Vista?

Unless somebody steps up to write it, not soon.  We're still working
on 64-bit XP drivers... :(

That said, adding support for the existing Vista PostScript driver
*should* be feasible in the near term - we just need to update the
Samba export stuff accordingly.

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of Vista loaded on any of my
systems, so I don't have the resources to do this work myself.

I assume that the XP printer drivers are not compatible with Vista?