[cups.general] authentication to shared printer

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Aug 16 23:03:11 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Aug 15 09:06 Amy Tanner wrote (shortened):
> I have a printer directly connected to a Windows machine.
> When we try test print to it from the cups print server,
> there's an error message on the Windows machine something
> like 'cupsadmin invalid username/password'.
> > cups 1.1.23
> SuSE Enterprise Server 10

Have a look at
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Printing_via_SMB_%28Samba%29_Share_or_Windows_Share
Note that special characters in username or password
(like / : @ or spaces) cause trouble e.g. when they conflict
with reserved delimiter characters in the DeviceURI.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex