Moved our Suse Linux CUPS PC to new IP address - printing is working but get 403 Forbidden when accessing admin page!

Paul McIlfatrick paul.mcilfatrick at bt.com
Fri Aug 17 07:35:15 PDT 2007

We have had to move our Suse Linux CUPS PC to a new IP address (Suse 9.2 and CUPS v1.2).

Printing works after the move but we get '403 Forbidden' when we try to access our http://printhost:631/ web page.

I have spent some time Googling for this error but it wasn't any help and so I am trying here after searching this newsgroup's archive first.

Sorry if this question has been asked before and I have missed it in my search.

I have spent some time looking through the various conf files on our system but I can't find any mention of the old IP address.

What needs changed because everything was working prior to the IP change?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

PMcI