Banner telling who sent the print

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Aug 21 10:52:27 PDT 2007

Maginot wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I made some searchs on the list and found sometopics about banner and related things, but all the material I found was litle old and not so clear as I wanted.
>
> My question is simples, maybe the answer not. At our computer enviorement we have a copy/print central where all the copies and printing are sent. So from this point we dont know who are the printing owner so what I was looking for is someway to put at the top or the bottom of the page a banner with the username of who made the print.
>
> BTW I was looking for a good material on the net (unfortunetly my cups book will take 10 days to arrive), like a complete guide, if anyone have some tip I will apreciate.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Maginot Jr.

Look for the "alternate pstops filter" following the links at the CUPS web site
and read the documentation, especially concerning the page-label and banner-pages
stuff.
If that might be an option for you, don't hesitate to ask me for help
if you are not aquainted to PostScript programming.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung