[cups.general] Moving a working Suse Linux CUPS PC to a newsubnet IP address

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Aug 22 03:39:19 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Aug 22 02:18 Paul McIlfatrick wrote (shortened):
> > > A few days ago I posted to this newsgroup about not being able to
> > > access the http://printhost:631/ CUPS admin pages after we had moved
> > > our fully working Suse Linux PC to a new subnet IP address.
> BrowseAllow @LOCAL

I didn't follow the whole thread in detail but it seems you use
a Suse Linux version before openSUSE 10.2 (where we use CUPS 1.2)
but something from Suse Linux 9.0 up to Suse Linux 10.1 where
we use CUPS 1.1 with two special security modifications.

If yes, see our documentation regarding "BrowseAllow".

E.g. the printed manuals or the documentation in the package
"suselinux-manual_en" the chapter "Printer Operation"
section "Special Features in SUSE Linux" or
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell
and
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Printer_Configuration_from_SUSE_LINUX_9.0_on

Kind Regards