1.2 Administrative guide

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Aug 23 13:13:54 PDT 2007

Drex wrote:
> Probably a dumb question, but does anybody know where there is a 1.2
> admin guide.   The 1.2.12 install has the "Online Help" which is a
> 1.1.21 admin guide.

Which distro is this??

In CUPS 1.2.0 the internal documentation has changed quite a bit. There
is no longer a "Software Users Guide" and a "Software Administrator
Guide". Instead, all help is now 'online', and should be found at

  http://localhost:631/help

> What am I missing???
> thanks,
>  -d
>
> ps. Is it possible for someone to change the Forums search so the
> results are sorted by latest date instead of oldest, or is this
> another dumb request :)

No, that's a good idea  :-)   I've myself already had this thought,
but was too lazy to mention it.

If you want it to be *really* taken up, you should submit an STR at
http://www.cups.org/str.php for Software Version "Website"...

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS