Moving a working Suse Linux CUPS PC to a newsubnet IP address

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Aug 24 07:24:56 PDT 2007

Paul McIlfatrick wrote:

> First I commented out the 'Port 631' line and stopped Cups but it
> wouldn't start until I uncommented the line.
>
> Next, I commented out all @LOCAL and it didn't make any difference.

Sigh... nobody in this thread adviced you to do that. Instead, you have
(amongst other things) been asked to try the following:

  # Another shot into the dark:
  #
  # Your config is relying on the "@LOCAL" shortcut/macro. In case this
  # one does not work as expected, you may want to try and replace it
  # with multiple lines like
  #
  #   Allow From 10.230.197.*
  #   Allow From 10.230.198.*
  #   Allow From 10.230.199.*
  #
  # and restart cupsd.

> Anything else that I can try?

First try the above things. To make it even more explicit, and to re-
move any potential ambigiousness, here is the config you should try:

<Location />
  # Allow remote administration...
  Order allow,deny
  #Allow @LOCAL