[cups.general] Hold all Jobs coming to prnter

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Aug 24 12:15:00 PDT 2007

Michael R Sweet wrote:
> Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>> Mohammad wrote:
>>
>>> I have been trying to configure cups on my Debian machine so that it
>>> holds all print jobs coming to it. I have used job-hold-until=indefinite
>>> option to do that, but it just holds all jobs coming from the same
>>> machine.
>>>
>>> I want to restrict all machine from printing. I tried different
>>> combinations but still all machines can release their job immediately.
>>
>> Put this line into your printers.conf definition of the printer (on the
>> CUPS server in /etc/cups/):
>>
>>    Option job-hold-until indefinite
>>
>> and see if it works for you.
>
> Or use:
>
>    lpadmin -p printer -o job-hold-until-default=indefinite
>
> on the server...

Ah... I remember having tried that (with a different option) a few weeks
ago on a customer site (with 1.2.7, IIRC), but somehow it didn't work (it
didn't put the change into the printers.conf).

I remember wanting to check this in some more detail to see if there is
a bug with that functionality nearby, but then forgot again...

Will do so now, later this weekend.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS