USB not supported by CUPS?

Ondrej Jombik nepto at platon.sk
Sun Aug 26 04:22:32 PDT 2007

I'm trying to configure HP LaserJet 1005 MFP connected to USB.

However when I have to select device for printer, there is no USB option!

There are many of them, I do not know what these mean, I have never heard of anything like this in my entire life, but as you can see there is no USB:

AppSocket/HP JetDirect (what's this?)
Backend Error Handler (I'm going to print not handling errors)
Internet Printing Protocol (http) (????)
Internet Printing Protocol (ipp) (what's this?)
LPD/LPR Host or Printer (I'm going to use CUPS not LPD!)
LPT #1 (I have one old LPT printer, should I use it?)
SCSI Printer (haha, very funny)
Serial Port #1 (no comment)
Serial Port #2 (you like serial ports, don't you?)

So which one is my option for USB printer? My level of expertise & knowledge is obviously not enough for this EASYSW(tm) selection.

Thanks.