[cups.general] CUPS is slow

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Thu Aug 30 03:24:30 PDT 2007

Hi,

first of all: SuSE Enterprise Server 8 comes with support. Use this
and ask them. :-)

second: we didn't release any (security) updates since several weeks
for this product. So I doubt that this is the cause. Just want to
point out this.

third: If this all happens from one day to the other, a good starting
point is to think about: what changed during this period?
Were external changes made? E.g. did your network infrastructure change?
Or local changes made? Was a printer disconnected (unreachable)?

The logfiles /var/log/cups/error_log are a good source for start of
investigation too.

If you want to get a deeper knowledge about the CUPS system, have a
look at:
	http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell

Good luck.

Regards,