LPD Options not passed to backend script!

ciaran fox_tubpvc at trashmail.net
Thu Aug 30 08:42:32 PDT 2007

Hi All,
I wrote a backend script in perl  for Cups.
I want to be able to send the file to another application, with some
options.
If I do a local print with an option, my script receives the options.
For example I execute "lp -dCAT -o ZZZZZZ testprint.txt"
my script receives the parameter-list:
    88 cde testprint.txt 1 ZZZZZZ /var/spool/cups/d00088-001
However when I use LPD remote printing from another Unix
(or with a simple loopback LPD printer declaration) my
script receives
    90 cde testprint_txt 1 document-name=testprint_txt /var/spool/cups/d00090-001

I have a SLES, with cups-1.1.23-40.15.
The crazy thing is that I'm sure I had this working.
Any ideas? Have I broken something in my configuration?
Are there any options I can add to cups-lpd, for example?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Ciaran