Cups Classes

Patrick Vanguardia pvanguardia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:40:15 PDT 2007

> Patrick Vanguardia wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Im having a little problem in windows client print history in their printer status. Is there a way i could stay the print history instead of clearing them so if ever user encountered an error they can resume their prints? also printing a large file size is having delays and or intervals is there a way to fix that so the user will not encounter these kinds of delays?
>
> Unfortunately, no.  Windows does not provide printer history and thus
> does not implement it for either SMB or IPP... :(
>
> --
> Michael R Sweet                        Senior Printing System Engineer

Oh I see.. However printing in a printer that has an ip address to a windows client shows the print history. But by using cups printer classes it does not show the print history on a windows client it just cleared so user wont be able to see if the file is already printed and if there are problems they'd encountered like for blurred printouts and request for reprint. By the way we are using cups for accounting purposes.