sending only 1 job to cups server

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Dec 7 07:48:11 PST 2007

Matthias Ehrig wrote:
> hallo, we use 2 CUPS server for many clients to print jobs with special accounting on these servers, clients use http-backends for this.   Unfortunatly the server queues only 1 job per client and the client must wait until this job is finished, before the next job can be send.
> The clients but can reboot to another system, before all jobs are finished. This is a great mistake for us.
> Can I configure that all jobs are immediately send to server ?

The "waitjob=no" option can be used; for manually created queues,
add "?waitjob=no" to the end of the device URI.

For auto-discovered queues, use "BrowseRemoteOptions waitjob=no" in
the client's cupsd.conf file *or* "BrowseLocalOptions waitjob=no" in
the server's cupsd.conf file.

Note, however, that doing so exposes you to lost (unprinted) jobs if
something happens on the server.