Disable remote cgi access

kcj.cups.umich kcj.cups at umich.edu
Tue Dec 11 12:36:21 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to set up CUPS to allow remote printing, but disable remote access to the cgi management pages.  Currently running CUPS 1.3.4.

I've attempted to restrict using the Location tag.

<Location /admin>
  Order Allow,Deny
  Allow From 127.0.0.1
</Location>

This works for /admin, but when I apply it to /printers, remote ipp printing/queries break.  I presume this is because the client is trying to access a resource located in /printers.  Is there a way to restrict remote access to the cgi's while enabling access to remotely print/execute ipp queries?  I would like to continue to be able to use the print management web pages from the localhost.