[cups.general] Filter a Raw Queue

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Dec 13 00:44:58 PST 2007

Hello,

On Dec 13 00:09 Sergio López wrote (shortened):
> I have a HP Laserjet 9000 printer configured as a raw printer,
> in order to send it pcl commands directly by code.
> All works ok, except the cr+lf characters.

"Raw" menas "unfiltered" so that you cannot filter a raw queue.
Instead use a queue with a "System V style interface script",
see for example
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell
and
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Filters_to_Print_with_CUPS

By the way 1:
I think that in your case the application which produces the PCL
is broken because it should produce the right printer specific data
(i.e. with correct line breaks for the particular printer).

By the way 2:
Often one can configure the line break in the printer itself.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex