[cups.general] Kerberos printing to SMB printers

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 14 11:56:58 PST 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Michael R Sweet wrote:

>> E [14/Dec/2007:15:13:12 +0000] Unable to create new credentials cache (-1765328188/File exists)
>
> What OS/distro are you using?
>
> This sounds like you have an old Kerberos install which doesn't have
> a working credentials cache implementation (something that's covered
> in the Kerberos help...)

CentOS 5.1.  I'd checked with ldd that it was there, and then had a poke at
the code.  I was suspicious of:

krb5-1.6.1/src/lib/krb5/ccache/cc_file.c

It seems to do a mkstemp, then

ret = THREEPARAMOPEN(((krb5_fcc_data *) lid->data)->filename,
                 O_CREAT | O_EXCL | O_WRONLY | O_BINARY, 0);

Seeing as mkstemp has created the file, that's not going to work is it?

Changing that means that it actually bothered to write the cache file (which
appears to be correct), but then the credential doesn't appear to be
succesfully used by the smb backend.  Do I have to do something extra to make
it use it?

I'd tried rebuilding the latest kerberos package for Fedora 8 but that didn't
behave any differently.

Thanks a lot for the help,

jh

--
"Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on society."
                                                      -- Mark Twain