[cups.general] Kerberos printing to SMB printers

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 14 15:24:14 PST 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Michael R Sweet wrote:

> Nope.  That was the first bug.  The other was that there was no
> way to get the created credentials added to the cache, leading to
> lots of other strange problems (and crashes...)

Ah.  klist on the resulting file seems to show that it's got a valid tgt for
the submitting user, which had made me hope that was the only problem.  So is
there a version of MIT that is functional, or should I just jump ship entirely
to heimdal?

> So long as the base Kerberos software is broken, there is no way to
> make this work...

Pants.

>> I'd tried rebuilding the latest kerberos package for Fedora 8 but that didn't
>> behave any differently.
>
> Yeah, I dunno if MIT has released a new Kerberos yet or not with the
> fix - look for a krb5_cc_new_unique function...  Alternately you can
> use Heimdal Kerberos, which has had this fixed for a long time...

The krb5_cc_new_unique function *is* included in the version I'm using, and
after changing that one line does overtly appear to work, but I'm still not
quite where I need to be.

Is there an "approved" route to getting this end-to-end kerberosiness working?

jh

--
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
                                                      -- Voltaire