Auto Resume

Paul paul.harris at rombus.com
Sun Dec 16 07:25:39 PST 2007

I have just installed a RHEL 5 system, and I am used to command line control for printers (from and old SYSTEM V UNIX system).

The system we manage prints orders out even when we are not in the building (By design). But we have come to notic that as soon as a printer runs out of paper the jobs are being held and will not start printing onec the printer is loaded with pauler again, until you go to the graphic interface and say Resume on the print job.

Is there an option in the cupsd.conf to sya try and resume the job every 30 second or son and continue to try.