[cups.general] Uniquely identify user (by PPD?)

Henri S henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Sun Dec 16 15:59:14 PST 2007

Hi,

PrintAgent will open a web browser for authentication on the client
machine when a configured printserver recives a print job.

This requires installing more than just a PPD onto the client. However, it
allows  a login and password to be requested. This results in printing
being authenticated against a directory system (eg. open-directory).

PrintAgent works in conjunction with Pykota for print-accounting.
Download from http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printagent/

If you do find a way to setup the PPD so that it requests a username
password, I would be very interested in this solution.

Keep in touch.
Henri