fast and ink spare printing

Thijl thijlklerkx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:50:08 PST 2007

Hi everybody,

I am using a clarkconnect server as print and data server.
As printerserver I use CUPS.

Everything works fine but I still miss one option, I have an HP Photosmart 7760 printer. When it was directly connected to our laptop, and we were using the original driver, we could select the print quality, fast, normal or best.

But now we use the MS Publisher driver what doesn't support fast printing. Now printing costs us a lot more time and ink then before.

Is there an option to get an option to get that setting back?

I already tried to install the HPLIP driver on my server, because I thought then I could maybe use the origignal HP driver on my windows clients. But after extracting the files it gives errors when I want to compile it.

Is this possible and on what way?

Bye,

Thijl.

Ps. Sorry for the poor english, I'm dutch so it isn't 100%, I hope you'll understand it.