CUPS and redundant print servers

Bob Kryger bobk at panix.com
Wed Dec 19 11:56:33 PST 2007

I'm setting up 2 new systems dedicated to CUPS file service - as print
servers. I want them to both serve the same set of printers, so that if
one of the servers goes down the other will seamlessly pickup. But, if I
set BrowseShortNames Yes (default), the printers show up with the server
names (printer at server) - as documented, meaning that the default
printers for each user/system does not work. I want the name of the
printer to be the only identification, and then either server can
provide the service. Is there a way to configure this?

Thanks
Bob