ubuntu printing to a Samsung scx4725 networkprinter

J Carerra b7ro-nwa4 at spamex.com
Wed Dec 19 13:29:48 PST 2007

> > J Carerra wrote:
> > > OK, I did that (  changed DRI to   socket://192.168.1.202:9100 ).  No response from printer to a test page.
> > >
> > > Is there any way to diagnose where the failure is happening...log files or whatever?

> > Set the log level to debug, print a test page, and post
> > the error_log file.
> >
> > Helge
> I did set that and clicked for a teat page--that job is just sitting in the queue with state as 'stopped'.  Where do I find the log file?

OK, I found the log in var/log/cups and looked at that, and set cupsd.conf to 'LogLevel debug' and ran more tests...and saw a line showing it was failing when using the file 'rastertosamsungspl'.  So I recopied the file from the stuff that was in the driver tar,gz that came from Samsung over to /usr/lib/cups/filter after deleting the one that was there before.  AND IT WORKS.  Hallelujah!

I don't know why it was failing because the file that was there was one I copied into that location previously out of the same download.  Who knows.  But it is fixed.

Your recommendations led me into finding this, so I am indebted to you for the suggestion.  Thanks.