fast and ink spare printing

Thijl thijlklerkx at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 06:43:53 PST 2007

Hi folks, I just finded out there is a possibillity (hard to spell...) for me, when I click configure printer in the CUPS web interface I can choose the printout mode, standard the printout mode is: "Controlled by 'printout mode'". But there are a lot of options and also fastdraft options what I would like to use.

But the problem is: when I would set the printout mode to: "300dpi, FastDraft, Color, Black + Color Cartr." (the setting we would like to use for 90% of our prints) then we would always use the FastDraft option. Most of the times that would be great, but once in a while we print photos, importent text etcetera and that must be in top quality.

Is there an windows client print driver what can select the printout mode?

Bye,

Thijl.