Small problem with duplex unit in HP OJ6110

Bas Mevissen sgm at basmevissen.nl
Thu Dec 27 08:50:59 PST 2007

Hi,

I own a HP All-in-One Officejet 6110 with a duplex unit. Works fine with cups and foomatic, but since the installation of the duplex unit, there is a small problem.

When I print 1 page, the printer prints the page fine, but retains it on the roll for a while (10-20 seconds), before feeding it backwards through the duplex unit and then delivering it (up side down) in the out tray.
Why is that waiting periode there? Can I get rid of it?

System details:
Core2Duo system with Fedora 8 installed (updated to current status); cups-1.3.4-4.fc8; foomatic-3.0.2-52

Hope you can help!

Thanks in advance,

Bas.