Missing en translation

ronaly agdeppa ronaly at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 19:11:15 PST 2007

> ronaly agdeppa wrote:
> > Hi,
> > en has been included in cupslanguages but it does not do en translation.
> > What I mean is like this <U>de.Translation mainkey/value</U>.
> > When I do cupstestppd it will fail and says "Missing en translation".
> >
> > Please advise.
>
> Bug in cupstestppd, fixed for the upcoming 1.3.5 release.
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

Thanks for the immediate response.
I just want to ask more information about it.
Does this mean we no longer have to expect en translation anymore?
If that is the case, it would add another problem for me.
Default Language Encoding for English is ISOLatin1.
TM (trademark sign) is not supported in ISOLatin1 so it would not be able to display that sign in the pde.
But when I tried adding en translation in the ppd for that particular string, it displays fine, maybe because it is treated as UTF-8 already.

Please help how should this be handled.

Thank you very much.