[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2622: Listen *:631 doesn't work on non-IPV6 system

Bryan Henderson bryanh at giraffe-data.com
Sat Dec 8 09:35:17 PST 2007

[STR New]

My system knows what an IP V6 address is (GNU libc defines AF_INET6, etc),
but can't actually talk IP V6 (Linux kernel does not include the optional
IP V6 function).

In this situation, Listen *:631 generates an IPV6 "any" address for the
"*", but the bind to it fails: "Unable to open listen socket for address
:::631 - Address family not supported by protocol".

I made it work for me by changing the AF_UNSPEC to AF_INET in the call to
httpAddrGetList() in scheduler/conf.c.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2622
Version: 1.3.4