How to add date,time&user information on the first page?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Mon Dec 17 04:44:36 PST 2007

cxj wrote:
> Hi CUPS experts,
>
> I'm developing
> There is a requirement for the our FAX CUPS driver for raster MFC on Mac OS X, which requires to print the current date,time and user name information on the first printed page.
>
> One possible solution was considered.
> It is to add a filter before pstops to add the required information with postscript language. This may works on linux, but seems not work on Mac because Mac OS X uses PDF format.
>
> How can I do that then?
>
> Any helps will be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Chen Xujin

You may look at the "alternate pstops filter" (via the links
on the CUPS home page) and look especially onto the extended
page-label attribute.

Though the currently available version has been developed
quite a time ago (for CUPS 1.1.19), it still works (and is
currently being reworked on the basis of CUPS 1.3.4).

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung