[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2628: no way to reproduce filter work

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Dec 17 09:42:44 PST 2007

Ilya N. Golubev wrote:
>> SDD and IDD
>
> With no section specified, most likely "reading" them is useless.  The
> response thus is much like "I think you can find that in Knuth." :-/ .

Both documents have a useful table-of-contents.  Regardless, the
amount of free support we'll supply for a 3 year old release of
our software is going to be limited, especially when said documents
no longer existing in later CUPS releases.

>> CUPS 1.3.0
>
> Perhaps someday will obtain it along with update of system in general.
> Until that, very unlikely to have time to even try to build it
> manually, let alone actually install.  Still, will be pleased (and
> surprised) to know that it is possible on older gnu systems (not ones
> it is already shipped for) without applying tons of patches.

The current CUPS software *should* compile and install cleanly on
older Linux/UNIX releases.