Cups - PDF Printing

Randy Pet randypet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 11:25:16 PST 2007

Hey Guys,

Our company has windows print servers that manage all our print queues and drivers.  I am trying to get cups working by directly printing through the print servers:

<Printer homer>
Info Homer
Location Homer
DeviceURI lpd://printserver/HOMER
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

I am able to print text files and post script files without any issues.  However, I am unable to print pdf files to these printers.  The printout comes out with garbage.  Also, since I am sending the requests over the our windows print server I do not have to manage the drivers on the cups server/client correct?  Any ideas as to how I might be able to print pdf's on my linux/unix clients?

Thanks,
-R