[cups.general] Postscript jobs queued by remote XP box not sent through raw

Steve Bergman sbergman at rueb.com
Thu Feb 1 14:38:53 PST 2007

I have a server on CentOS 4.4 running cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.9.11. (This is
the latest official RHEL/CentOS package.)

There is an XP box running a postscript driver that prints to that
server via IPP.

(The job looks like postscript with some PJL stuff at the top.)

The queue on the server is set up to use hpijs.

When the XP box sends the job, it gets treated as postscript and the gs
renderer (Gnu 7.07) is run on it.  gs doesn't like it and dies with a
syntax error.

( Error: syntaxerror; OffendingCommand: %ztokenexec_continue)

Should not jobs queued from remote machines be assumed to be already
rendered and bypass ghostscript?

What is the best thing for me to do in this case?  I don't really want
to have to set up a second (raw) printer just for the Windows boxes.

On a side note, if I did, what happens if jobs get sent to the hpijs and
raw queues simultaneously?

Thanks for any guidance,
Steve