printer not connected error

tj 999alfred at comcast.net
Mon Feb 5 21:00:00 PST 2007

I just downloaded and installed 1.2.7 and that cured the "Printers" page not displaying problem. But, now I have another problem.
My printer shows it's state as "idle, accepting jobs, published" and "usb:/dev/usb/lp0", but when I try to print a test page I get "printer not connectd error".

My /proc/bus/usb/devices shows a "Driver=usblp", so I guess my printer is getting into the usb system and I only have one printer.

So why the "not connected error"?

Also, cupsd went from about 239KB to 1.7MB in size. What a jump!!!

tj