Brother HL-1440 printing to high?

tj 999alfred at comcast.net
Tue Feb 6 08:16:58 PST 2007

I now have my HL-1440 printing, thanks to Till, but I notice another problem. When printing the test page the upper part seems to be cut off, no horizonal line at the top as on the bottom. Like it's printing in the unprintable area of the printer at the top. The top space is ~5/32" down, which is the unprintable areas as stated in the manual. And, the line at the bottom is ~9/32 from the page edge. Which means if the the printing was shifted down about 5/32", it would be just right.

Any ideas on how to shift it down?

tj