scheduler not responding!

Dallas Warren dbw at ozreef.org
Sun Feb 11 16:11:14 PST 2007

I am just after some guidance here on what to look at to try and track down what the problem is here.  I have done quite a bit of searching online on the issue and haven't found anything that is applicable or fixes the issue for me.

If I try to print a file ("lp file.txt"), the following error is generated:

"lp: error - scheduler not responding!"

lpstat returns the following:

"lpstat: get-jobs failed: server-error-service-unavailable"

cupsd started fine when booting up and is running / operating.  Possible to restart it, but same issue still applies.

Can configure and print test pages using the CUPS web interface for any of the printers it is connected to.

Any suggestions?  Or somewhere that this has been addressed previously?