[cups.general] Setting custom paper size

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Feb 12 09:06:50 PST 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 08:45:21AM -0500, Helge Blischke wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
> > I'm trying to print on some card stock.  Here's a sample:
> >
> >     http://hank.org/test.pdf
> >
> > This is on a Stylus 870 printer.  I see a "Custom" Media size in the
> > lpoptions but I'm not clear how to actually set it.  I have card stock
> > that's about 6.5" wide x 4.5" tall.
> >

> > The original was in OpenOffice.org, but regardless of the settings it
> > always clipped image on the right at 4" -- tried changing paper size
> > and   Very frustrating trying to get OO to print on odd sized paper, I find.
> >

> As OO defined the media size *after* the first %%Page: command, any
> page size settings by CUPS - by either PPD defaults or job attributes -
> are canceled. You should file a bug to the OO folks - they should
> make their PostScript output DSC compliant.

I see.  Thanks.

Does that also apply to the pdf file above?

The pdf seems to display like I'd expect in xpdf.  I'm just not clear
how to tell the printer what size paper I'm using when it's a custom
size.  When I print that file it prints in the center of a "letter"
size page.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley