Version 1.2.2 -> 1.2.7 broke printing

Nathan Crapo nathan_crapo at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 23:14:43 PST 2007

I have two NSLU2 print servers.  The first one is using cups-1.2.2-4 and the
second one is using cups-1.2.7.  I have a printer that I'm trying to move
from the old server to the new one and it won't work with the newer version
of cups.

I have several clients running Windows XP via IPP (
http://server/printers/printer) and they work great on the old box running
cups 1.2.2.  When I try to add the printer I'm moving from cups 1.2.2 on the
NSLU2 running cups 1.2.7 in Windows XP, the print spooler just hangs and
uses 100% of the CPU.  I can't get it to finish adding the printer.  I have
increased the log level on cupsd to debug and am not seeing anything useful.
Does anyone have any suggestions?