[cups.general] STR #1923 fix incomplete?

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 09:26:16 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 12:09 -0500, Michael Sweet wrote:

> In this situation, just do your own IPP_GET_PRINTER_ATTRIBUTES
> request to get the server-side defaults.  cupsGetDests() will
> return a composite of the client-side defaults - suitable for
> user applications but not for administrative apps.

Perhaps I should have said 'admin-set' defaults (i.e. the 'Option' lines
in /etc/cups/printers.conf) rather than 'user-set'.

I am using GET_ATTRIBUTES, but I still can't find out if the default
options have been set by the admin or if they are the CUPS defaults.

In other words, the admin tool I sent a screenshot of needs to be able
to know which options to list in the box, each with a 'Remove' button.
Obviously system defaults cannot be removed -- they are hardwired in the
software.

It all boils down to this: I am after a way to find out what 'Option'
lines are set in printers.conf without having to parse that file.  I'd
like to be able to do it using CUPS IPP calls.

Tim.
*/