[cups.general] remote.cache being loaded in 1.2.X series, even when browsing is diabled?

wtautz wtautz at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 19 09:06:55 PST 2007

I think this explains my previous post about printers still showing up
even though browsing is disabled.  I just noticed
http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L429+I10+T+P1+Q
which mentions a fix in 1.3.X? How about a backport
assuming I am correct in my assumption. Hmm...
moving aside remote.cache makes no difference so
what the heck is going on?

Version 1.2.7 on SunOS Browsing No. Indeed lsof -i |grep cups
is empty....only unix socket listening... and yet I still see printers
when running lpstat -v of printers on a different subnet (also configured
on SunOS 5.8 and same version 1.2.7 as compiled from www.cups.org.
It looks like version 1.2.8 is available...perhaps I should get this?

wt